Changes

First off, all the views in this blog are mine.
Secondly, there’s all the new privacy stuff for the EU. Luckily, google posts all of the info about cookies etc here somewhere so if you should be able to find it if you need it.

Now, on to the post...
The kids are grown up. Primo has graduated from college with degrees in Ecology and Hydrology and will be working in one of our great National Parks. Secundo is heading off to college in the fall to study theater and sustainable development. And me? Well, I am off to DC in the fall! The only thing that isn’t changing is that my geologist spousal unit will be here, holding down the fort.

I recently received news that I have received an appointment to be an Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship. I will be working with NSF Geosciences and, honestly, I am not exactly sure what that means, except it was my #1 choice. So many of the best humans I know are AE-Fellows and I am truly honored to be included in their ranks. I have so many questions though:

  • Will I get to travel?
  • Will I get to work on meaningful and wonderful projects?
  • Will my roommates like me? (That’s one from the country girl locked up inside my brain)
And, so many more...

But first, let’s go on a backpacking trip in Italy. Then maybe some flyfishing in Montana with my siblings. And, how about a couple of science education conferences? 

Comments